ျမစ္ဆုံေရကာတာအေၾကာင္း အမွားနဲ႕အမွန္ – – Myitsone Myths and Truths XIV
The Zambia Government has started construction of a 750MW Kafue Gorge Lower hydro power project to address power crises in the country. ￼
The start represents the handover of the Kafue Gorge Lower project site to the contractor Sinohydro Corporation of China by the government.
The launch follows a memorandum of understanding signed last month between China and Zambia for the development of the China-aided $2bn Kafue Gorge Lower Hydro-power project.
Located in southern Zambia’s Chikankata district, about 90km from Lusaka, the hydro power plant will help in addressing power shortage in the country.
Xinhua news agency cited Zambia President Edgar Lungu as saying during the launch that the country plans to fund 15% of the project cost in equity while the remaining fund will be contributed by the contractor.
The contractor will arrange debt financing from the China Exim Bank and Industrial and Commercial Bank of China to fund the project, Lungu said.
The project will have an installed capacity of 750MW at an estimated cost of US$1.94billion including financing costs. It will be developed under a Private Public Partnership (PPP) on Built, Own,Operate and Transfer (BOOT) basis with ZESCO and SINOHYDRO as the partners. Construction of the project will take 6 years and the project is expected to be fully commissioned in 2018.
Currently the Ministry of Mines Energy and Water Development is negotiating an Implementation Agreement with Zesco and Sinohydro Corporation. Sinohydro Corporation is also the Eng…
Friday, 14 December 2012 11:59
Nigeria has signed a pact with Sinohydro-Cneec Corporation to build a US$1bn 700MW hydro power station on the Zungeru River in Niger state
damThe hydro power agreement is an extension of an MoU signed between Nigeria and China’s Sinohydro Corporation to build another hydro power plant on the Mambila Plateau. (Image source: sxc.hu)
The Sinohydro-Cneec Corporation is a synergy of two Chinese firms, the Sinohydro Corporation and the China National Electrical Equipment Corporation.
The agreement, which was signed by Nigerian minister of state for power Zainab Kuchi and Sinohydro-Cneec Corporation vice-president Du Nan, will be an extension of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between Nigeria and China’s Sinohydro Corporation, recently, to build a 3,050MW hydro power plant on the eastern Mambila Plateau. The two hydro power projects were expected to be completed by 2014.
According to the minister, the Export-Import (Exim) Bank of China would bear most of the cost of the Zungeru hydro-power project. Exim will provide 75 per cent of required funds while Nigeria will provide the remaining 25 per cent.
Kuchi said the plant would create more than 1,000 employment opportunities and added that the local contract components of the project would be handled by Nigerian companies.
Meanwhile, a delegation comprising 25 men led by Swedish state secretary for trade Gunnar Oom, has expressed interest in investing in the Nigerian power sector.
Here is a progress report. Sudan, China sign $396mln contract to heighten Roseires Dam
April 27, 2008 (KHARTOUM) — The Sudanese government today signed a contract with two Chinese firms worth 396 million U.S. dollars for the project to elevate Roseires Dam in eastern Sudan, funded by a number of Arab funds. ￼Roseires Dam (ST)
The new project is intended to increase the height of the dam by an additional 10 metres resulting in an increase in the irrigation potential and power generation capability of the structure.
The signing ceremony of the contract with the Chinese state-owned Sinohydro Corp and China Water and Electric Corp (CWE) firms was attended by the Sudanese President Omer Hassan al-Bashir.
The contract includes Hydromechanic equipment and reconstruction. The initial capacity of the dam is 3.4 md. c.m. however the accumulated silt in the dam lakes has reduced the storage capacity by 25%.
The project aims to heighten Roseires dam to increase the storage capacity to 7.3 md. c.m.
CWE is involved in the construction of the controversial Merowe dam in northern Sudan, where at least four people were killed in June when police dispersed residents protesting the project.
Minister of Finance and Economy Sudanese Awad Al-Jazz praised the financial institutions that have provided the necessary funds for the project, especially the Arab Fund for Economic Development and the Islamic Development Bank and the Kuwaiti Fund for Economic Development in addition to the OPEC Fund and the Abu Dhabi Fund for Development. http://www.sudantribune.com/spip.php?article26912
၂၀၀၃ က စတင္ခဲ့
In 2003, the Chinese government decided to fund the Merowe Dam in Sudan as its first big overseas hydropower project.
Isimba dam ေရကာတာ ပါ၊
အမိ ဧရာဝတီကိုကယ္ၾကပါလို႕လို အလန္႕တၾကား မေအာ္ၾကပါ၊